- For more than 30 years, Dirk has pioneered successful investment in energy technology and service companies. A trained geoscientist, he has an impressive array of experiences in operating, investing and board governance. Dirk has participated in more than 100 financings in his career and served on more than 30 boards.
Current / Representative Former Portfolio Company Directorships
- Infrastructure Networks
- FlexGen Power Systems
- MicroSeismic (Sold to TA Associates)
- RigNet (NASDAQ: RNET)
- Canyon Offshore
- Aspect Management, Co-Founder
- Managed the oil and gas portfolio of General Atlantic Partners, including General Atlantic Resources, Sanderford Offshore, and Brigham Oil & Gas.
- Founded, funded and managed early-stage oil and gas technology enterprises that were early leaders in the application of 3-D seismic technology including Aspect Energy, Southtech Exploration, MB Exploration, Coherence Technology, Geographix, and Interactive Seismic Imaging.
- The Louisiana Land and Exploration Company (LL&E), Chief Geophysicist
- Over a decade of technical, operation and leadership experience in exploration and production projects around the world.
- Research Partnership to Secure Energy for America (RPSEA), Founding Director
- Stanford Petroleum Investment Committee, Former Chairman
- Colorado Governor’s Canada Trade Ambassador & Venture Capital Advisory groups
- Graland Country Day School, Former Trustee & Treasurer
- High Line Canal Conservancy, Vice Chairman
- MBA, Stanford University
- MS Geophysics, Stanford University