Altira makes $5-$25 million investments in advantaged oil and gas technology and services companies. We typically invest in venture/growth-equity-stage companies that are generating revenue and have a clear sight to profitability. We prefer to be the lead investor, and we look for the following key qualities in a business:
Compelling Value Proposition
The oil and gas industry can be slow to embrace change. Altira is looking for new technology products and advantaged service offerings that provide a significant, measurable improvement over the status quo.
Significant Markets & Return Potential
We carefully evaluate and scrutinize every business opportunity. We are looking to work with companies that demonstrate substantial addressable markets and provide attractive return potential.
We prefer to invest in companies whose:
- Proprietary technology, business process or platform provides them with a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Intellectual property represents their core competency and is accordingly protected by patents, copyrights, trade secrets or other methods.
Applicability to Our Operator Partners
The ability to leverage our oil and gas operator partners as instant customers, which can help them scale and quickly accelerate their growth.
Strong Management Team
Portfolio company management teams play a key role in our collective success, so we look for teams whose membership:
- Has a proven track record of starting and growing emerging companies.
- Works together seamlessly, complementing our collaborative style.
- Puts culture at the forefront, consistently leading with integrity and respect for its employees.
- Is interested in building wealth through equity appreciation.
- Invests its own capital, ensuring alignment of interests.